Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Where does my tuition and room&board money go?

I go to the University of Oregon. So when I pay 20 grand a year for college, where does all of that money go to? This is roughly 10 grand housing and 10 grand tuition. For Housing, I see no way that it takes 10 grand from each of the 2 roommates to live in a SMALL dorm with food. Maybe a few thousand, but 10 each to live in a small room with food. Also what about tuition? When there are 20,000 kids paying for classes, how does it come out to roughly 10 grand each. Thats roughly 200 million dollars to go towards teacher salaries. Not to mention GTF's who teach a lot of the classes and only receive $4,500 for the year. I just don't see where the money goes. I've heard that there are things like clubs will receive $5,000 from the school and they can be about anything, such as "Watching soccer for diversity purposes". In other terms, the club has trips to sports bars and watch soccer for "diversity purposes", with the school, or let me say student picking up the tab. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

No comments:

Post a Comment