Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Should i join the Marines or should i stay and go to college?

i'm 18 I have U.S.M.C running through my veins ever since my great grand dad came here from france to make a better life, every generation in my family (from my dads side) has served in the Marines at some point or another, now recently i was approached by my cities police department and was offered an apprenticeship by them that would give me experience in the law enforcement field and i would be offered a job there by my 21st birthday (2014 A.D), so long as I went to college in my city for 2 years and kept a clean record. But on the other hand my Marines recruiter has promised me a place in the Marines Military Police (so long as i pass Boot Camp) now im not sure wether i should be the 1st generation ever to discontinue my families Marine legacy, severly disappoint my dad but get a stable career by the time i finish college, or if i should just join up serve my country for 6 years then come back and go to college for a year apply to a police department and wait to get a job! i honestly feel lost i need some kind of guidence from someone who's had to deal with some kind of problem like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment